Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Best Laid Plans

Mike and I thought we had our crazy Wednesday all planned out. Stockton had scouts at 7 at the church. Mike had meetings at the church at 7 and 8:30. Maysen had Young Women's at Brooke's house at 7. We had Mike drop Maysen off early at Brooke's, and he took Stockton to church. Stockton was given a garage door opener so he could get inside when Janet brought him home. I was going to take Jorja and Preston to pick up Maysen at 8:30. Simple enough, right?

I was anxiously awaiting the time to pick up Maysen. It was quite a chore to keep Preston awake. Jorja was tired as well. I was playing with Preston when Stockton comes through the door. He's home super early . . . what was I worried about? Then I looked at the clock. It was 8:28. I had two minutes to get to Brooke's house. She lives about 12 minutes away. (Yes, I've timed it). Anyway, I grab Preston and say, "We need to go pick up Maysen!" I run to the van only to find no car seat! Ahhhhh! The car seat was still in the jeep. I decided that Stockton was going to need to babysit. I tried to get Preston to bed, but he was screaming, "I want to fall asleep in the car!" There was no way I was going to leave Preston when he was so upset. Finally he said he wanted Jorja to cuddle with him. She plopped into bed next to him and he calmed down.

I flew out the door and headed to Brooke's house as fast as I could. Luckily I got there just after the other girl was leaving, so I wasn't too late. I was away for 20 minutes. I came home to find Preston sound asleep. Stockton and Jorja, you saved the day! I'm glad I can count on you and that I am able to trust you! I love you both. The end.

1 comment:

John William said...

"The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry." It's true. I'll let Dad recite the rest of the poem.