Tuesday, October 13, 2009

To IB or Not IB

I went to an International Baccalaureate meeting today. I have had mixed feelings about this program. The meeting was very good and calmed some of my most pressing fears. If we are still here in Georgia we definitely want Maysen to participate. The school she would be going to scares me, but if she is in the IB program a lot of my fears would be eased. I wonder how the IB program works in Utah? I don't think she would have the issues of me being scared for her if she is not in the program . . . So many decisions to make . . . Maybe I can talk her into not getting any older - wonder how that would work out?

2 comments:

The Bubs said...

I don't like IB very much. I like AP and concurrent tons more, but that could be just because I think the kids I teach in our IB program are mostly snobs. Plus, I don't like how it downplays American Exceptionalism.

Stephanie said...

I know you don't like the IB program very much. I wonder how different every IB program is? I know you can only get into the IB program if you start in 9th grade, but if you move from one IB program to another they will work with you.

If I had Maysen in the IB program, she would be associated with other kids like her. Although Maysen's not a snob, I think she would fit in better in that program than in the general curriculum. Plus, there are some scary kids out here.

We'll see. I guess only time will tell. . . .