Friday, October 9, 2009

Oops

Yesterday was my first day as a substitute teacher. Well, first day in 13 years. I was also asked to sub for Mrs. Jackson today. Yesterday, I saw Mrs. Jefferies in the hall and told her I would be her sub tomorrow. She said, "Great. I won't need you until 11:15". I didn't know that. I thought I was needed the entire day. As I left, I told Nancy that I saw Mrs. Jefferies and she said she didn't need me until 11:15. She said, "Yes, did I not tell you that?" Guess not.

Anyway, I dropped Maysen off at school this morning. When I get home, Mike said, "Nancy called as soon as you left and asked where you were. I told her you weren't suppose to come in until 11:15. Nancy said they need you now." I was totally confused. I thought I cleared up my misunderstanding yesterday. That was when I looked at the calendar and noticed I was subbing for JACKSON not JEFFERIES. How embarrassing! Way to make a good impression!

No comments: