Thursday, October 22, 2009

Jorja Loves Frogs

We had the biggest surprise today. Jorja got a package from Grandma Parry. I wasn't expecting anything. Jorja's birthday is on Monday, but I didn't make her wait. When she opened up the box, she found a new blanket waiting for her! The blanket was covered in FROGS! My kids love the blankets from Grandma. When I say they love them, they love them to pieces. Maysen's blanket was in shreds after 12 years of loving. Jorja has several holes just beginning in hers. I had asked Grandma to make Maysen a new blanket, but I never asked for a new one for Jorja. This was a complete surprise. This new blanket is the same pattern as her old one, just with frogs on top. Jorja is in heaven! She thinks it is the coolest thing ever! She has even started to write a story about it.
Jorja's new blankie
Jorja discovered that her new blanket is even personalized! Grandma stitched JORJA LOVES FROGS!!! She loved that!
She also loved the RIB-IT-RIB-IT-IT-IT that Grandma stitched. It was like finding an amazing treasure. She was so happy!
Jorja wanted to pose with some frogs. She grabbed a few handy ones. I told her I was going to put the picture on my blog. She said, "Well, these are not all my frogs, only a couple."



What a wonderful surprise. Thank you grandma! I only cried a little - when no one was watching. Thank you for loving my children. I wish we lived in Idaho and you could teach me how to make these fantastic quilts. I love you more than you could ever know. Just when I think I can't love you anymore, you go and do something like this! Amazing.

No comments: