Saturday, October 31, 2009

I Are!

I are! I must have heard that phrase three dozen times today. Anything you say to Preston he answers, "I are". Preston watch out, Preston get down, Preston say please, Preston stop jumping . . . I always reply, "I am. Preston say I am." He responds, "No! I are!" I tell him "I are doesn't make any sense." He screams "I are does make sense!" Lovely.

We had a wonderful Halloween. It was two years ago yesterday that I had my surgery. So glad that is over with! We went to trunk-or-treat at church. They had a cake walk, spider cookies to make, balloon pop, beanbag toss, fishing, hamburgers, hot dogs and of course - trunk or treat. Stockton was very fast and filled up his bucket to the brim. I'm not sure how often he went to every trunk . . .

Tonight we played Mario Kart and Mario Party on the projector downstairs while we hid from the regular trick-or-treaters. We decided not to buy candy this year for obvious reasons. Mike said we should make this a family tradition. Mike also put the projector on in the basement classroom and Preston and Jorja played Webkinz in there. Spoiled, spoiled children.
Preston as a blue puppy
Jorja with her homemade puppy costume
Maysen as a dragon ~ of course
Maysen and Mike have been working on Maysen's dragon costume for awhile now. Mike wanted to get Maysen's wings to be automatic, but then decided against it. He was worried someones fingers would get pinched. When it was time to go, we couldn't find Maysen. We took several trips around the church looking for her. I asked Gina if she had seen her, she said, "No . . . wait, is that her coming through the forest?" Maysen was standing at the edge of the forest with her wings spread daring people to enter. Pretty funny. Mike said that awhile ago he had chased her in there (Mike was a knight) but had assumed she had come out. Maysen had been playing in the forest for ten minutes before we found her. She had been having a great time. Luckily our trunk-or-treat was in the afternoon . . .

Stockton wore his "THIS IS MY HALLOWEEN COSTUME!" shirt. This is the third year in a row with it. Suits him just fine.

Jorja was a witch at school, but wanted to wear her homemade puppy costume today. She was very proud of it.

Preston wanted to be a puppy. I convinced him that his costume was a blue puppy. He was just fine with it - thank heavens!

Another Halloween under our belt. The girls sure love Halloween more than I do. Stockton and I are alike in so many ways.

No comments: