Saturday, October 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Maysen!

Maysen turned 12 years old today. Crazy, I know. We had a long, enjoyable, sunny, day. Maysen decorated her cake first thing this morning. I put her hair in a pony tail to keep it out of the way. She told me to take a picture because I might not ever see her with a pony tail again. I obliged.
Maysen ~ 12 years old


Several years ago, we told our kids they could have a birthday party when they had an even number birthday. Maysen decided she wanted to have a vegetable car race party. The kids all brought different vegetables. Mike helped them carve them, and then they raced them down a track. I took a lot of pictures, but I'm unable to access them right now. . . .

Maysen had a great time at her party and let us know over and over how happy she was with it. After cake and presents they played a squirt bottle game, then 'Do You Love Your Neighbor'. Even Preston got in the action.
Maysen & Jorja
Blow!
After the party, we had a few more gifts to give Maysen. Things I had been collecting all year. We got her an alarm clock I picked up when I was with Ange & Rachel in May. I'm excited to have this small, cute clock instead of the obnoxious pirate clock she loves. Maysen had been hinting for a long time that she wanted birthday jammies. She loves the Carters feet jammies. She fits into their biggest size, so this is the last year for them. That is right . . . Maysen is now 12 and she fits into a Carters size 7. I had to get the jammies at an outlet mall . . . about an hour away. When I was there, I noticed a croc outlet. $5 crocs. I picked up some for the kids, along with croc church shoes for Maysen.
Stockton & Maysen
Notice Maysen is wrapped in her new blanket!
She also loves the new Webkinz Dragon Evan gave her: Volcano
Birthday Jammies
Maysen's biggest present was pottery lessons. One of my friends in our ward teaches pottery lessons. She will most likely be moving at the end of the year. Her husband will have finished graduate school. I couldn't pass up this opportunity for her. Maysen is so excited.

Quick Maysen story. Maysen was talking about her new alarm clock. She was excited that it snoozed for 5 minutes. She has it set for 5:55. There is a rule in our house that no one is allowed up before 6. All morning kids here! Maysen said, "This will be good. It will give me time to stretch and rub the sleep from my eyes." Mike started laughing and said, "Rub the sleep from your eyes?" She stomped away laughing and said, "Well, I'm an author!"

Okay, another quick Maysen story. Tito, Jakob's mom, told me she had been after Jakob to find out what Maysen would want for a present. Jakob came home and told his mom that Maysen wanted an editor for her birthday. Nice.

I am so lucky to have Maysen in my life. She has brought me unimaginable joy. I love you Maysen! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

4 comments:

Mike said...

Obnoxious pirate clock?? Hey, I'll have you know that Maysen and I worked hard to collect box tops for many a day to get that clock, thank you very much.

Maysen said...

By the way, the Clock That Rocks isn't working, the Jimi.

Stephanie said...

Hopefully it's just the batteries. We'll figure it out.

Christen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDDAY, MAYSEN!! That cake is so awesome - nice job!