Monday, September 21, 2009

Snow Day!

It's a snow day! Well, really it's a rain day. It rained so hard last night. Mike opened the windows so we could listen to the thunder. I started wondering if there would be school this morning. I usually don't have the windows open, so I wasn't sure if the storm was as bad as I thought. About 6 am, I started to sneak downstairs. Maysen was on the stairs watching the storm out of the big window. We sat and watched the rain for awhile. Peaceful.

Anyway, school was closed today. It will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday as well. Several roads washed out and the water lines were damaged. We have to boil our water. We are lucky. We have water from our faucets and our basements didn't flood!

Today was wonderful. The girls, Mike and I played Dragonology. I won - I love that. Maysen and I baked a cake - Maysen loves that. Maysen loves everything about Halloween. She has been wanting to try out our new cake pan. I keep telling her she needs to wait until I finish the Parry Post. The Parry Post isn't done, but today was calling for bonding with my daughter! We had a great time and Maysen did a fantastic job!
Maysen & Stephanie
Maysen
Jorja
Mike cutting the cake like it's a Thanksgiving turkey!
Spooky 1/2 house
We decided to watch Marley & Me tonight. I need to preview movies before I let me kids see them. Maysen & Stockton left 1/2 way through. I was proud of them for leaving the movie when they didn't feel comfortable. Mike, Jorja and I finished the movie. Jorja and I took turns putting pillows over our eyes. And some singing in ears was going on as well. It's just not worth the stress watching a movie like that. The movie wasn't terrible, but when you are watching it with your children you are aware of every inappropriate moment.

Last night when I went to check on the boys, they looked so cute I made Mike go get the camera. Stockton was in his own bed when we left them. Preston was probably so scared of the thunder. Stockton is such a great brother. I love how they love each other.
Stockton & Preston

2 comments:

FitzSimmons Times said...

I should have warned you about Marley and Me. I too made the mistake that I thought a PG movie about a dog (when the book was very tasteful) would be fine. Way too many inappropriate things going on for kids. I was disappointed. Sounds like a fun day otherwise though!

Alisha said...

Holy cow! I just read about this online. I'm glad you're okay! Is there flooding in your neighborhood? I hope our house isn't flooded! Yikes! Sounds like you made the best of your "Rain Day". Fun!