Saturday, August 1, 2009

My Dad Is Retired!

This morning we got up early and went through the Salt Lake Temple with John & Cassie and my dad and Cathy. The temple was amazingly beautiful. We loved hanging out in the Celestial Room. My dad knew a guy who was working there. He took us around to different parts of the temple that you don't usually get to see. It was very interesting.
Stephanie & Mike
Cathy, Dad, Stephanie, Cassie & John
After the temple, we picked up the kids and went to the park for a little retirement party for my dad. We (the six kids and their spouses) gave my dad a laptop. He really liked it. Cathy and her kids gave him software to put on it and my grandma gave us $50. My dad spent it on a presentation remote. My dad's going to need that when he gives his classes at BYU's education week.
Dad, Maysen, Bubs, Grandma
Preston at the park
A whole bunch of Millburns
Between the park and my dad's house, we ran up to the cemetery. We have never seen Jessica's tombstone before. It was hard to get a picture of it because the sprinklers were on. We stopped by our moms graves as well. I love how they are all buried at the same cemetery.


Two scary things happened today. While we were at the temple, Preston got out of Steve & Shannon's house. He went out the back door and someone had left the gate opened. Shannon heard him crying outside. He has a gigantic goose egg on the back of his head. We think he followed a dog into the neighbors garage. I'm glad he found his way back.

When we were at my dad's house, Jorja was playing in the back yard. Preston needed a diaper change, so I went outside to get the diaper bag. I see Kenny (my dad's dog) running around like crazy. I get him back in the house. I'm changing Preston when Kenny starts barking like mad. Some people knocked on the door and asked if we knew who this little girl was. Jorja had chased after Kenny and had gotten lost. She didn't recognize the front of my dad's house at all.

I can't believe that happened twice on the same day. I hate dogs. Sorry dog lovers out there, but they just creep me out. I don't have a lot of good dog memories . . . gross.

No comments: