Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Junk

As I sat wondering what to blog about today, Mike walked in and said, "I love having junk around the house". Then he proceeded to show me his camera stabilizer he has made from junk lying around his workshop.

Mike is hoping to teach classes on how to make movies and robots and stuff. He's been working on that in between job interviews. Almost all his job options have ended the same way. Right for the job but we decided to hire internally, or not at all.

We're still doing fine though. I think I'm going to start substituting again. I'm starting to get that ball rolling. The last time I substituted, I swore I wouldn't do it again. My mom had just died. I remember because I was transcribing her funeral during my lunch break. I was asked to sub in a 5th grade class for 2 days.

When I got there, the teacher left these lovely instructions: Clean and return the popcorn machine, put the desks where they belong, have the students punch a hole in the top right corner of the notecards. He left me a gigantic stack of notecards. That is what he wanted his class to do for two days. It was torture.

1 comment:

Brett - Rachel B said...

Oh boy. My heart is out there for ya with this one. I still have nightmares about student teaching.
But this time it will be different. You are REALLY good with kids, so it should be fun. At least it will be for them.