Thursday, August 6, 2009

First Day of School

Wow! Today we sent the kids back to school. Maysen and I dropped Jorja and Stockton off at Elementary School, then we headed to Middle School. What? My baby's in middle school? I think I'm having a panic attack about now.

I met Maysen at lunch today to give her some more medicine. It was nice to talk to her during the day because I was so curious as to what was going on! She has been placed in gifted reading and gifted math, but they didn't put her in band. I'm struggling with what to do on that one. I think I'm not going to transfer her into band. I really want her to experience it, but I don't know if the positives at this point outweigh the negatives.

Everyone seemed to have a good day. I spent a lot of time in the car pool line. I guess we will just wait and see what the year has in store for us!
First day of school!
Jorja ~ 1st grade
Maysen ~ 6th grade
Stockton ~ 4th grade

3 comments:

FitzSimmons Times said...

I can't believe you started school already. Summer feels like it has just begun! My kids don't start until September 8 so we still have four weeks left! Crazy! Hope they all had a good first day!

Stephanie said...

I know! I hate that they start this early. We sure aren't ready to get back to the grind!

How nice that your school district decided to work around Markell's wedding!

Erica said...

I start middle school tomorrow. BOOOOOOOOOO!Hope Mysen's doing okay.