Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Birthdays

Today is my mom's birthday. She would have been 62. Wow! She's old. Maysen and Jorja helped me decorate cupcakes for her. Preston even helped, his version of helped that is. We made yellow cupcakes for mom and one blue cupcake for Percy Jackson. Happy Birthday Mom! We love you and miss you!
Maysen, Stockton, Preston, Jorja
While I was in the carpool line, I was reading The Last Olympian. This is what I read today: "Hey." Annabeth slid next to me on the bench. "Happy birthday." She was holding a huge misshapen cupcake with blue icing. I stared at her. "What?" "It's August 18th," she said. "Your birthday, right?"

How cool is that? I thought it myself, "Yes, it is August 18th". I have never read a book and had it be the date they were talking about. That is why Percy got a cupcake as well. Maysen even iced a trident on it.

No comments: