Saturday, July 25, 2009

Uncle Georges

Mike talked me into riding the ducky this morning. We went down the river early this morning with John & Cassie, Bubs, Matt, Steve & Sharon. My dad stayed at the cabin and watched all six kids.

The ride down the snake river was great. I was a little nervous about riding in the ducky. I was worried about 1. Being labeled a ‘piece of crap paddler’ 2. Ruining Steve & Sharon’s equipment. 3. Falling in the water. In that order. The ducky was great fun and we got splashed a ton. Mike and I took the Big Kahuna straight on. We got dumped! Both of us came up under the boat. When we got out from under it, we were in the middle of these gigantic waves. I was frantically trying to remember everything Steve & Sharon have told us about going in, but I mostly succeeded in laughing my head off. We made it over to the big raft and Steve pulled us in like a giant fish. We got loaded into the big raft right before we hit Lunch Counter. That was great fun.

John and Matt took the ducky down the rest of the trip. We went through the ropes next and it was amazing. Cassie loved every second at the front of the boat. She was dripping wet when we finished. Luckily Steve & Sharon have all this gear that we can wear so we don’t become wet fish. All in all, that river is very fun.

When we came back from rafting, we hurried and packed up for our family reunion at Uncle George’s. Uncle George is my grandma’s brother. He has a cabin surrounded by his farm land. They have made their cabin so enjoyable. Our kids spent most of their time on the zip line and the water slide. When they rode in a train (14 or so kids), they went so fast! Maysen especially loved the zip line. She said it was probably as close as she was going to get to flying.
Harriett & George
Leah, George, Ray, Lois (my grandma), Rendon, Myrna
Maysen
Stockton
Jorja
Stephanie & Preston
Jorja & Stockton
Preston fell asleep after the waterslide
Jorja loved this spot
At the end of the day, Mike went down the big slide. It had been raining, so when he hit the bottom, he just flew! I made him go down again so I could take a picture - but I choked and took it too early. I love Idaho.
Maysen
Stockton
Jorja
Mike
fast, wet & muddy = fun

No comments: