Friday, July 24, 2009

River Rafting

Mike got up early this morning to go river rafting on the Snake River. Bubs and I switched off watching the little ones. Mike and Matt went in the ducky, which is kind of like a two person kayak. Maysen, Mike and I went in the raft on the second run of the day - along with my dad, Steve & Sharon. (Matt & Paul went in the ducky) We sat Maysen in the front of the raft for the Big Kahuna and Lunch Counter. She got SOAKED! At least she stayed in the raft! My Uncle Steve & Aunt Sharon have the greatest hobby. They love to go river rafting, and love to take people down the river. That works out well for us.
Mike, Maysen, Stephanie
Maysen's first time rafting the Snake River
We relaxed around the cabin for the rest of the day. Preston has a different definition of relaxing then we do. His idea is to see how many different ways he can hurt himself. I’m pretty sure he will have a black eye tomorrow (from crashing into a table). He did have a lot of fun playing catch with my dad and being crazy with Lincoln.

We got a great surprise when we saw my Grandma & Grandpa! I didn’t expect them at all. Before they left, I got a picture of my grandma with Jorja & Preston. One of my favorite pictures in the world is Maysen and Stockton with my grandma at the cabin.I think I’m headed to bed..
Preston, Grandma & Jorja

Maysen, Grandma, Stockton
Preston, Jorja
Ella, Grandma, Lincoln
There is a Pirate game going on in the corner. I have been mocked mercilessly because I threw away cookies that didn’t turn out quite right. I told them it was on a magazine, on a doily, and didn’t even break the surface.

John & Cassie should get here about midnight. I hope they make it here safely!

No comments: