Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Lake to Falls

Today we packed up and checked out of our awesome condo. We took the kids to the swimming pool one last time and then had lunch at LeBeau’s. You eat outside and they have awesome milkshakes. Mine was Raspberry Chocolate Chip. Yum. While Mike was waiting to order, I walked around to get a picnic table. I turn the corner and sitting at a table was Vicky Orme! I stopped in my tracks and stared at her. I couldn’t believe it! She lives in Georgia! When I went back to Mike, I said, "Vicky Orme is sitting at the table around the corner!" Someone behind me said, "Vicky is my sister!" I was talking to him later, I’m pretty sure his name is Bruce. He didn’t know Vicky was there. He knew she was visiting Utah, but didn’t know she was right there. He lives an hour away from Bear Lake as well. The girls Vicky was sitting with (her friends from Kindergarten) were teasing her that they live here and don’t know a soul, she comes from Georgia and knows everybody! It was really, really funny.

We had another perfect day on the lake. Maysen and Stockton both tried to ski - to make their mother happy. Stockton popped right up to a crouched position, but couldn’t figure out how to stand up the entire way. He went a long way like that - and got a lot of water in his face. Maysen couldn’t get up, but she had a good attitude and tried a lot. Both of them loved the knee board. Maysen even stood up on the knee board! Crazy! Brandon got a big smile on his face when he watched Maysen. When it was his turn, Brandon stood up! He had amazing balance and was doing the robot while he was standing. I couldn’t believe I forgot our cameras! I would have loved to have that on video! Stockton had a huge smile on his face during his turn. Then while he was riding, Steve and Mike both dove out of the boat. Stockton was laughing so hard. At the end of the day, it was time for the tube! Preston, Jorja and Weston went first. Preston did not want to get out! He was so upset when we pulled him out that he went to sleep. The bigger kids went crazy! They loved the bumps. Maysen went over one so big that she flew backwards and only her foot remained inside. I don’t know how she was able to crawl back in, but she did it.

After we ended our fun on the lake, we drove up to Idaho Falls and are now at Grandma & Grandpa Parry’s house! I love it here! Preston played with Grandma on the puzzles for a long time. It is cute to see Preston with them. He is now interacting so well with other people. I can’t believe how grown up he has become!
Preston & Grandma
I loved these puzzles when I was growing up
Jorja and Grandma
Jorja and Grandpa

No comments: