Sunday, July 26, 2009

Cabin Letters

Today was our last day at the cabin. My dad, Matt & Bubs’ family left this morning. We cleaned up the cabin, went on little walks, chased grasshoppers and Maysen almost caught a few lizards. It was nice not to have to rush to be somewhere. Jorja was cute. She said, "I don’t think this would happen, but if we lived here, which room would be mine?" She decided the kids would have the room with two beds upstairs and mom and dad would be in the little room next to them. It was so cute to see her little mind planning everything out just in case. She is now excited to move to Utah. She hasn’t been too thrilled about the idea because she loves our house in Georgia, but after this week she sees the advantages Utah has to offer. I hope one day we are able to make it back here.
Preston, Grandpa Millburn, Jorja, Ella,
Bubs, Lincoln, Stockton, Maysen
Stephanie, Preston, Stockton
Mike, Jorja, Maysen
Palisades
Jorja
Jorja and her grasshopper
Preston & Maysen
After the cabin, we headed to Grandma & Grandpa Parry’s. Jorja spent a lot of time picking raspberries with Grandpa. Tammi came over and we chatted for awhile.
Grandpa & Jorja
Maysen, Stockton, Jorja, Preston
After we got the kids to bed, Mike got out the video camera and we had Grandpa tell us stories about the war. He had talked to us about some of his experiences at Christmas time last year and I regretted not getting it on camera. His stories are so interesting, I just wish it was all his imagination and he didn’t actually live it.

Grandpa brought out boxes of letters he had written grandma while he was in the war. He wrote about 900 letters and grandma saved every one of them. He wrote her everyday. One of the boxes he brought out wasn’t his letters. They were letters from my mom! My mom wrote home once a week and my grandma has them all saved and indexed! I was so excited! I’m going to type them all up and put them on a blog. I can’t wait to learn more about her, but I think it will be so great that Ange, Rachel, Christen & Cassie can learn about her as well! Ange was the only one to know my mom, but I’m sure she would love to read about her as she went through college. Who knows, maybe it will get her to enjoy the Internet!

No comments: