Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Boating

We spent most of the day on the water. Mike, Steve and Shannon got up early and went boating with Lisa and Aimee. I watched the kids at the condo. It was no problem until I decided to take them to the swimming pool. I had eight kids by myself. They did fine and there were no problems, it just caused me too much anxiety. We were there for about an hour and a half when Mike and Shannon came back to rescue us. Now it was our turn to boat!

Maysen and Stockton both loved the knee board. I want them to try wake boarding or skiing, but they didn’t get a chance. Hopefully we will have time for that tomorrow. I had a great time on the knee board and I even tried surfing. I got up right away, but I didn’t understand that I was suppose to be a little off center. I spent the entire time trying to work my way into the middle . . . which didn’t happen. Mike was fun to watch after me. He was able to ride awhile without holding onto the rope.

Preston finally got the flag

Stockton

Preston
Stockton
Mike & Preston
Mike
The kids got a little bit of time on a tiny beach while we went and picked up Matt and Sherry and their family. We gathered everyone in the boat. All 18 of us. At first they were counting 17 until I reminded them that Stockton was asleep in the storage compartment.

Much to the delight of the kids, we spent the rest of the day with the big blue tube. Preston loved it and did not want to get off. He has told me several times now about going over the bumps in the blue tube.
Preston & Stockton in the 'Dog House'
Sherry, Miah, Jorja, Steph, Preston
Brandon, Stockton, Jacob
Mike, Steve & Sherry all rode the tube together. Sherry said that was enough sibling bonding to last them for a couple of years.
Sibling Bonding
Mike, Sherry, Steve
Maysen & Connor
That’s it. Steve spent the entire day on the water. Mike hung out at the dock for a little while for a phone interview. It’s a pretty great life.

No comments: