Saturday, June 6, 2009

What's Happening?

I am wondering what is happening with our old ward in Washington? Seriously, it seems like it is one thing after another. My former bishop's wife has been dealing with breast cancer, the new bishop of the ward just had a heart attack, Claudine's house burned down and now I find out Cheri has epilepsy? I guess the way things are going, Mike and I barely escaped!

My former visiting teaching companion, Claudine and her family have been living in China for 6 months. Out of nowhere, her house burns down. It must be horrible, and we have been praying for her family everyday. I am also very annoyed that I don't have any pictures of Claudine and I together. We spent A LOT of time together when I lived in Washington. She is one of the people I miss the most, where are all our pictures? Claudine is the most generous person ever. She just can't be described. My heart aches for her.
Claudine at Stockton's baby shower
Claudine's kitchen
I was talking to my friend Cheri today. She was telling me how she had a grand mal seizure in March and has now been diagnosed with epilepsy. I didn't see that one coming and certainly wasn't expecting that to be the answer to "What's new?" Cheri is one of my very favorite people on this entire planet. She just gets me. Mike loves it when I talk to her because she always makes me so happy. She is so stinkin' funny. My tummy aches by the time I finish talking to her, I'm always laughing so hard. Another cool thing about Cheri is our kids are almost exactly the same age. Maysen and her daughter are 3 months apart. Stockton and her son are 2 weeks apart. Jorja and her son are 10 days apart. Preston and her daughter are 5 months apart. It makes me sad that we moved away from them. Our kids would be such good friends right now.

Cheri & I with our kids before we moved from Washington

For awhile Cheri and I served in the primary presidency together. We worked hard, but had the best time. I still have this next picture in my bedroom. I sure do love these girls.

Cheri, me, Cindy & Cynthia ~ Primary Presidency 2001

So, that's about it in a nutshell. Maysen and Stockton fasted today for the Gallacher family. (Stockton also fasted for the Knopf family and April Evans). I couldn't bring myself to tell them about Cheri...... Crazy, crazy world.

1 comment:

Brett - Rachel B said...

thats so crazy- glad they have you as a friend