Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Stone Mountain

Warning! There are A LOT of pictures on today's entry. Grandpa, I don't think you are going to want to print this one out.

We started off today on a family paddleboat ride. We wanted to paddle to this island we could see. With our entire family in the boat, it went VERY slow. When we finally reached the island, there were no trespassing signs all over. I have no idea what treasures are on that island. We could see an old beach area, so we decided to head over there. It took us about a half hour to make it there.
Family paddleboat ~ Jorja's behind her mom
No Trespassing Island
Stockton begging to sit on an old lifeguard chair
Stockton loved this beach area. He kept saying, "This is SO COOL!"
Maysen looking for shellsStockton
Preston telling me he's not in the water
Jorja and the baby ducks
Preston loved these baby ducks. He asked for them all the time.
After our morning paddleboat adventure, we headed over to Stone Mountain Park. I went on the Sky Hike with Maysen and Stockton. Maysen did level 2. Stockton and I did all the levels. I loved it this time. Last time it was pretty scary, but this time it didn't scare me at all. I wanted to do it again, but I couldn't get anyone to go with me.
Stockton on the zip line. Why does he do this?
I talked Jorja into trying level one on Sky Hike. She DID NOT like it! I was proud of her for trying though. She went across one board, and then the workers helped her come back. At least she tried. I get frustrated when I can't get the kids to try something new.
Jorja on Sky Hike
Stockton
Maysen
We let Maysen take the paddleboat out by herself. I couldn't get over how grown-up she looked. She loved it out there, and was out for quite a long time.
Maysen
Maysen loved drawing on the paddleboat


Preston
We took the kids to the laser show at the end of the day. They did really well. Jorja and Stockton fell asleep. Preston hates loud noises, so he had his ears covered for most of the show. The kids were so worn out, they will sleep well tonight!

No comments: