Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bye-Bye Stone Mountain

Today was our last day at Stone Mountain. I told the kids we might never come back. Hopefully we will move home to Utah! That made Stockton quite sad. (Not the moving to Utah part, but the last time at Stone Mountain part). He tried to soak everything in, and was upset that Preston might not remember it here. It wouldn't surprise me if we did come back, but you never know...
Stone Mountain
When I woke up this morning, I couldn't find Preston. Our tent is pretty big, and it has these closet areas. Finally I found him in one of the closets sleeping on wet swimming suits!
Where's Preston?
Preston in the closet
Mike and I took Jorja and Preston on a paddle boat ride this morning. You can sure go a lot faster with only those two in the boat. Mike and I kept placing bets on when Preston would fall into the water. He never did though.
Preston
Stockton took the boat out by himself

Jorja found a new flower

Preston
I took the girls on the tram up to the top of Stone Mountain while Mike took Stockton and Preston miniature golfing. Stockton was thrilled that Mike got two hole-in-ones! We met up on the lawn in front of the mountain and went into the museum. It was really interesting. I have never seen Stockton enjoy a museum before. I thought the most interesting thing was the races they use to have off the mountain in the 30's. Crazy! We watched a movie about the history of the carving. I had to take Preston out, but everyone else enjoyed it.
Jorja & Maysen
We had a great time these last few days. Georgia is a wonderful place to live. We have loved it here, but we are itching to move back home!

2 comments:

Christen said...

That place looks awesome! So, you camp overnight (one night?) and then get to do all of those activities there? I think I would LOVE camping at a place like that! :)

Tammi said...

Loved the pictures! They made me feel like I was there; except, I didn't get dirty or wet!