Sunday, June 7, 2009

Any Ideas?

We've decided to let Maysen have her own room. This was a hard decision for me. I love Maysen & Jorja's room. It looks perfect with their letter above each of their beds. All of their furniture looks beautiful together. They have a butterfly room that is just lovely. If Jorja weren't sleeping right now, I would run up and take a picture. But, now that Preston has moved in with Stockton, we have an extra room. That extra room also has it's own bathroom. Perfect for a girl about to go to middle school.

What I need help with is, how should we paint her room. Maysen's bed and nightstand are white. Her bedspread is light purple, lilac to be precise. We can't buy her new bedding at the moment, but we do want to paint the walls with her. What would look good with purple. I'm trying to talk her into light blue, like the ocean (hope it would look okay), Maysen is leaning toward yellow. I know yellow and purple are contrasting colors, so I'm worried we could mess that up easy. Also, she has bought a few seashell things for her bathroom. I don't know if she would like seashells in her bedroom as well.

If anyone has any great ideas, we could use them all!

5 comments:

Christen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christen said...

Does she like green?
http://www.potterybarnkids.com/room/rom/romgir/romgirkpb/index.cfm

She could also do a different shade of purple.

What are the other colors in her bedspread?

Yellow seems like a hard one to get in the right shade, but I think it could look cute! Same with the light blue.

Their room really is awesome! How does Jorja feel about being left behind?

brett said...

Rachel says her vote is for a light tangerine with light neon green accents, "it will look awesome."

I think she thinks Ty from Extreme Home Makeover must be doing it. I vote for offwhite, with eggshell white accents.

Stephanie said...

Christen-

Her bedspread is a solid purple. It kind of has little silver dots everywhere, but you have to look for it.

Jorja's really excited to have her own room. For one thing, Maysen likes her room hot, hot hot! I can't stand being in there, I feel like I want to pull off my skin!

Brett-
I'll pass Rachel's idea along to Maysen. Let's see if she goes for it.

The Bubs said...

Eggplant. Nobody ever went wrong with eggplant.