Friday, May 29, 2009

No More Pencils, No More Books

It's over! Maysen has now officially finished Elementary School. Hard to believe. I want to keep her little and keep her with me, but I want her to grow and experience everything. I know emotionally she is ready for middle school - more so than I'm ready to have her go. I'm excited for her, but nervous as well. I hope they give her a bottom locker! Aaaaahhh! Where did all the time go? How did it creep up on me so fast? How fast will the next few years be? How soon will she be gone? Scary, scary thoughts.

On the last day of school, at the end of the day, the 5th graders take one last walk through the halls. All the other grades clap for them. Mike and I came and took pictures. Lots of kids were crying. Not mine. She's ready to take on the world!
Maysen's last walk

All year long I have wanted to make a scrapbook page for Jorja's teacher. She has had all three of my kids in Kindergarten. She is the best! I can't describe how much she means to me. All my kids adore her. She will be going to the new Elementary School next year - teaching 2nd grade! Mike helped me put a scrapbook page together for her. Nothing nearly as cool as what Missy puts together, but for a first attempt I was very pleased.

I don't know how well you can read the page. But it says Marylee . . . by any name is just as sweet. Maysen with Ms. Jones, Stockton with Mrs. Spitler, and Jorja with Mrs. Woodfin. As you can gather she went through quite a rough patch, but now she is so very happy. She deserves it because she is the best!

On a side note, look how cute each of my kids were when they were in Kindergarten. I love it! Thanks Mike for all the help.

Quick funny story: Mike and I were talking in the kitchen when out of nowhere Preston comes running at full speed. He ran into the stove and did quite a tumble. We looked down at him, and he was holding scissors! Mike said, "Preston! That's the number one rule of what not to do! No running with scissors!" It was so funny. Especially since no one was hurt.

Quick not so funny story: I have to teach Gospel Doctrine on Sunday. I'm terrified. I probably would have said no to anyone but April. I owe her. She watched my kids many, many times during my surgeries. Wish me luck . . . better yet, talk Mike into doing it for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My school did that, too- the graduating kids walk around the school and people clap for them.
-Erica