Saturday, May 9, 2009

Johnny Got Married

So, John and Cassie got married today. As far as I could tell, everything went smoothly. If not, Cassie's maid-of-honor, Kristin got everything whipped into shape. The sealing was wonderful. John had me sit in the seat reserved for mothers. That was nice. There were many, many people there - but we all fit!

After the sealing, I went and found Cassie's mom. She was able to help Cassie get into her wedding dress in a room at the front of the temple. Cassie was so excited about that. Cassie looked beautiful! It just was a perfect day.
Cassie & John exiting the temple


My family on the temple steps.
Notice Lincoln & Ella playing at the top. Awesome.

After the temple, we went to the University of Utah Institute building where we had a lunch. Rachel is amazing. She took charge of the lunch and it was fantastic! The food was amazing. Rachel is the first to point out how much help she had. I know Tammi & Rozie helped a lot. Heather & Bobby & even some of Heather's neighbors cooked a million potatoes. Lots more people helped, but I'm not sure exactly what everyone did because I stayed out of the way. I like to keep my mouth shut and let Rachel take on the world!
Matt at the luncheon.
I know better than taking a sip of water as Matt began his toast.
What was I thinking!

Rozie & Rachel whipping up a storm

The Cake

Rachel & Marie with the cake Rachel made

Cassie, Stephanie & John

Cutting the cake

Best picture of Marie ever! Oh, Rachel & Cassie look cute too.

Rachel, Marie, Ange & Ella

Rachel in her element

Can't believe Rachel is still smiling. . . let alone standing!

Who is this angel and where can I get one?

Me and my brothers

Mike, Bubs, John, Steph, Matt & Brett

My brothers with Cassie. Brett's cracking me up!
John & Cassie had a photo booth at their wedding. The deal was, you have your picture taken then you glue it on a black paper. They had white pens where you would leave a message. This is what they did instead of having a guest book. Pretty cool. Probably will get looked at a lot more then the traditional book.

My photo booth shoots.
With my brothers. With John. With my pre-Cassie sister-in-laws (miss you Christen!)
After the reception, Bubs and I dropped Ange off at their house. I was able to see how great it is with their new carpet. Then Bubs drove me to the airport. I had a midnight flight. I was hoping to sleep the entire way, but I just couldn't get comfortable. That's alright. I am so happy I could be there with John and still make it home to be with my children on Mother's Day.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Wait...hold up! Are you actually TALLER than Cassie? Why didn't I notice that yesterday? I agree, Rachel did an amazing job. The cake is absolutely beautiful too! That is a girl of many talents! And Cassie looked beautiful. Aubrey sincerely thought Cassie was a real live Princess.

Stephanie said...

Gotta love that Aubrey! Cassie's height is another plus for me. Love it!

Kristin said...

You are so funny Steph! Love the pictures! I am going to make you a cd of all the pictures I took and I will give it to you in Ohio! I know that it meant a lot to Cassie to have you there! It was a great time wasn't it?

Jordyn Parry said...

I love the photo booth pictures! You guys are so fun!