Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Mike!

Today was Field Day for the 2nd & 3rd graders. Maysen was a 5th grade helper today. She manned the "So You'ld Like to be a Dollar-nare" station. The water looks discusting. I think they put some kind of cola in it.
Maysen
Maysen's favorite saying, "It doesn't matter what it looks like, as long as I'm comfortable."
Stockton's first station was the snow cone station. It was freezing cold, raining and they are eating snow cones! Crazy!
Stockton and his friends
Stockton's so competitive
This next game did Stockton in. It was so cold and they are getting freezing water poured on them. It hadn't stopped raining all morning. After I took this picture I asked Stockton if he wanted to go home. He gladly agreed. I'm a big fan of field day, but it was so cold and miserable. It stopped raining after I took him home, but he was so warm and cozy he decided to stay home.
I ran home and got Maysen a jacket and a towel. She was freezing. Maysen is cold even through Georgia summers!

In other news, today was Mike's 35th birthday. Stockton and Preston got him twizzlers and starbursts. Maysen and Jorja got him mini-bread loaf pans. I got him chocolate milk. Yummy.
Preston

I made Mike a lemon cake. I called Rachel to get her frosting recipe. But my frosting turned out more like soup. So, I drizzled the cake with the frosting and put whipped cream on top. Mike was just glad he didn't have to make his own cake!
Snitchers!
Lighting 35 candles!
Hope your wish comes true!
Stockton is ready for the cake
Maysen approved
After the kids were in bed, Mike and I went to a Japanese restaurant down the street. We got there right before they closed and had the entire restaurant to ourselves.

Happy Birthday Mike! Thanks for the wonderful life you have given us. We love you!

4 comments:

Brett - Rachel B said...

sorry the recipe is so tempramental.
Happy Birthday Mike!!!

Brett - Rachel B said...

p.s. I am still working on the cushions. Let me know when you think your going to be using the trailer and I will aim to get them to you before then.

FitzSimmons Times said...

It is so funny to me that you said " We got there right before they closed and had the entire restaurant to ourselves." Of course you did, they were supposed to be closed while you were eating! :) I bet it was awesome to have complete peace and quiet while you ate! Hope Mike had a great day!

Stephanie said...

Brooke,

Everything closes so early here! The restaurant closed at 10:00 - we thought it stayed open until 11. The one Mike hates the most is Home Deopt closes at 9:00. In Washington it was open 24 hours.