Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Day With Rachel and Ange

Today was a great day. I spent the morning finishing up Cassie's present. I gathered many of the recipes I remember eating when I was little and put them together for her. John won't remember a lot of them. Like Carrot Cookies. My mom made those cookies every Christmas until she went back to work. That was when John started Elementary School. I remember them, and Kathy Leatherwood had the recipe. I'm excited about that.


Ange and Rachel picked me up for lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. I think that should be our tradition. Rachel and I had the 30th anniversary cheesecake. Ange had goat cheese and beets. I'm serious.
Stephanie & Rachel
We then went shopping for dresses and shower presents. When my sister-in-law, Shannon, found out what I was wearing to the wedding, she said I needed a new dress. I told her no one is going to care that my skirt is black suede. In her words, "You're killing me!" Whatever. But Shannon always makes me tons cuter than I'm capable of making myself, so she'll fix me.

Ange and I headed to Ross while Rachel wrapped the presents and fed Marie. I talked Ange into handing the clerk the tags and wearing the clothes right out of the store. Ange looked great.

Stephanie, Ange, Rachel & Marie
The shower was great fun. Larkin was even there! I don't think I've seen her since she has become a Reeves! Shannon Jex and Kristen did a great job throwing that together.

Shannon, Cassie, Ange, Steph, Rachel & Marie
After, we headed to John and Cassie's house. I was so excited to show John the recipe box, I didn't stop to think there was a picture of Cassie in her wedding dress on the front. Whoops.

In other news, Mike and Preston threw away all of Preston's bottles. He doesn't have bottles that often, but during Sacrament Meeting he always wants a 'milk bottle'. I'm interested in how that one turns out. Preston is so cute and grown up. I'm having a great time out here in Utah. I'm so glad I was able to come, but I really miss my family.

No comments: