Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tool Test

Preston loves tools. Wonder where he gets that from? I got this huge Easter basket full of tools for 1/2 price. Mike broke it out for Preston today. Verdict? He LOVES it!


Here is a picture of me dancing after Preston used the potty. Preston is taking the picture. He is so funny. He aims the camera and then says, "I got you!"


Preston is mad at me right now. Tomorrow is the Language Arts portion of the CRCT for Maysen and Stockton. Preston would not stop crying, so I went in and took him out of his room. I gathered all his things. As I was carrying him out, in the sweetest voice he said, "Thank you Mommy." I walked to his old room and put him in his crib. He is NOT happy with me. He is screaming as I type this...but what was I to do?

Speaking of the CRCT, Maysen and Stockton had the reading portion today. The schools put WAY too much emphasis on this test. It's like it is all they care about. I was stressed out awhile ago because I thought they were going to make Stockton sit there and wait while everyone else finished. Just sit there. His teacher estimated that he would finish at least an hour before the test was finished. Torture! Well, it ended up they divided the test into two parts. After the first part he just had to sit there, after the second part he was able to read a book. They have five days of testing, so I bought five different books - his teacher is going to give him a book after each test. He finished the first book already. I am so relieved that he can read. I know there is no way he could have handled five days of testing otherwise.

2 comments:

John Millburn said...

Steph, are you dancing like Elaine? Sweet fancy Moses!

Stephanie said...

Preston likes it, so whatever works! You should see Mike's dance!