Monday, April 6, 2009

Grandma Honey

Today was Grandma Honey's 70th birthday! We took the kids to Larkin where we have several family members buried. It was perfect weather, but by the end the kids were tired.

Jorja got to put the flower on Grandma Honey's grave
Maysen and her cousin had fun in the tree right beside Grandma Honey's grave. I guess whenever Shannon's family comes to visit, they hide a penny in the tree. The girls are looking for the penny. They never found it.
Here are the kids in front of their Great-Grandma & Grandpa Smith's grave. Their Great-Grandpa died before Mike was born. Mike is named after him. Their Great-Grandma died when Mike was a baby.
We looked the longest for Great-Grandma & Grandpa Hirschi's grave. Jorja~the Superfinder found it. Grandpa Hirschi died about 6 years ago. Grandma Hirschi died 4 years ago. One year before Sharen.
Preston Hirschi in front of G&G Hirschi's grave.
Here we are at my mom's grave.
My niece, Jessica, doesn't have her headstone yet.

After the cemetery, Lisa & Sherry's families came over. We had KFC, Junior Mints, cracked wheat, and talked about FHE growing up. Steve read what Sharen had written before she died. Wayne and I have always been active in our church. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We believe it with all our hearts and have received many blessings in our lives because of it. If I could have one wish, I would wish that all our family would remain close to the Church and that we could all be an eternal family.

It is now really late and I need to go to bed. I miss Sharen so much. I hope she is happy. Happy Birthday Grandma Honey!

No comments: