Sunday, March 8, 2009

What It's Like To Be A Quarter

I was born in the house of the US mint & now I'm packed & sent away.
I don't know where I'm going but I know it's in the U.S.A.
I was sent to Bobby Fuller & I was delivered at dawn.
But I know that Bobby's careless of what he spends his money on.
So he spent me on a candy bar & chewed it right away.
So the cashier then considered what he'd spend me on today.
But he didn't get a chance to since his son cleaned the walls that weren't dusted.
Now I'll tell you why he can not be trusted.
He & his sister got into a fight about the butter.
He was mad & threw me on the roof & I rolled into the gutter.
I sped into the tire of the mail truck & it flung me in the air.
I landed in the package delivered to 567 - Ye Old Square.
Now I don't see my relatives 'cause I'm separated from the rest.
This is what it feels like to be trapped in a pirate's treasure chest!
--Stockton Smith

No comments: