Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Grandpa Millburn's Viewing

I flew to Utah today. It was an easy flight because I had no kids with me. It was hard to leave Preston who started crying "Go too!" when I got out of the car. Mike said a couple of times he pounded on the door crying, "Mommy!" I talked to the kids on the webcam, but Preston was already asleep.

Shannon picked me up at the airport and took me to Cheesecake Factory. Yum, yum. Then she bought me a new shirt. That worked out nicely because I got chocolate on the shirt I was wearing. I hung out with my niece and nephews until it was time to go to my Grandpa's viewing.

The viewing was held at Larkin Sunset Gardens. This is the cemetery where my mom, mother-in-law and niece are buried. I really wanted to find Jessica's grave marker. Lisa described where it was, and then she came up and met me! It was so nice to see her. We visited her mom's grave and then she helped me look for my mom's grave. After almost 13 years, I can't believe I still have a hard time finding it! In my defense, it is really hard to find in the snow.
John & Cassie

After Lisa left, I went inside to find my family. I met Cassie for the first time. I like her a lot. John will be really happy with her. John, Matt, and Bubs were there. (Ange, Lincoln and Ella were there as well of course). It was nice to talk to my family. My grandma was so sad. There was a slide show with photos that I had never seen before. My dad when he was a baby etc. Cathy put it together and gave me a copy, so I'm excited about that.

After the viewing, my dad took me, John, Cassie & Matt to Kneaders. It was very delicious. It's funny that John has worked there so long and doesn't know what his favorite sandwich is. He is clear that he has a favorite sandwich, he just doesn't know what it is called. . . they just give it to him sometimes.

Matt debated if he should buy a brownie. He decided he would rather eat a brownie then eat a dollar. Nice logic.
Me, Dad, John & Matt

No comments: