Saturday, March 21, 2009

Derby Day

Today was the big race day. Here are all the cars before the race. Notice the headlights on Mike's batmobile. He has a rocket launcher inside, but he didn't use it. Mike said he liked knowing he could if he wanted to.
All the cars. Weston won 1st place overall. His is the black car to the left of Jorja's superblooper
Preston at the race.
Jorja's car was the fastest in our family. She raced Weston's car at the end and won! She was excited. She worked so hard!
Stockton won a few races as well.
See what I put up with? Preston is looking for Altoids. I'm not kidding - he loves Altoids.
Maysen had a birthday party today. I dropped her off, and talked to the birthday girl's mom for a bit. I told her we were hoping to move out west. She asked if I was from California. I told her I was from Utah. She asks, "Are you mormon?" I tell her I am. "How many kids do you have?" Four. "Are you polygamist?" No. Mormon's aren't polygamist. "Oh, we're big Big Love fans." Then she starts talking about the show. Soon, another parent comes to the party and I am introduced as "She's a mormon but she's not a polygamist." No mormons are polygamists!

Last but not least, we can not find Jorja's blanket. We have searched the entire house. Jorja took it to the pinewood derby. I thought we brought it home, but I have no idea where it is. Mike is going to look for it tomorrow. She sobbed and sobbed tonight. I cuddled with her until she fell asleep. I think this is only the second night she has been without her blanket since she was given it when she was 2 months old. We better find it!

No comments: